Summer is right around the corner, which means that storm season is fast approaching!
The team here at ESP Developments have a few tips to prepare for storm season and improve the safety your home:
- Clear your gutters, downpipes and stormwater drains and other matter
- Tidy your yard by securing loose objects and trimming tree branches
- Put together an emergency kit in your home, with items such as a torch, first aid kit and canned food
- Add emergency contact numbers to your mobile phone (The SES is a really important number to have on hand – 137 468)
- Be aware of your household’s flood risk, which can be found using the Brisbane City Council’s online flood awareness maps
- Check that your insurance covers flood and storm damage
- Sign up to receive severe weather alerts
- Devise an emergency evacuation plan with your family in the event of a severe storm
Summer storm season is almost here, so why not spend the weekend preparing your home!