Some progress photos from our current project at Bridgeman Downs. Work on the new rumpus room being built on top of the existing garage is coming along very nicely. Check out the pictures:
On this beautiful, sunny Friday, we thought it would be nice to flashback to our feature in Issue 7 of Queensland Home Design & Living Magazine.
The article, title ‘Refined Design: A Contemporary Classic’, features a recent renovation undertaken by ESP Developments that “required an extensive structural and aesthetic overhaul.”
“Originally constructed in the 1920s, the property’s weathered façade has been completely rejuvenated with an eye-catching combination of pine chamfer board, Zincalume roofing and VJ sheeting. The front door and eaves have been painted bluein accordance with the exterior’s pre-existing colour palette. The timber-framed windows feature period-style awnings and have been used throughout the design to maintain the home’s classic look and highlight the exquisite finishes.”
So, if you’re looking to renovate or extend a classic Queenslander, or just looking to give your home a breath of new life, give ESP Developments a call, or check out our website http://www.espdevelopments.com.au/.
Summer is right around the corner, which means that storm season is fast approaching!
The team here at ESP Developments have a few tips to prepare for storm season and improve the safety your home:
- Clear your gutters, downpipes and stormwater drains and other matter
- Tidy your yard by securing loose objects and trimming tree branches
- Put together an emergency kit in your home, with items such as a torch, first aid kit and canned food
- Add emergency contact numbers to your mobile phone (The SES is a really important number to have on hand – 137 468)
- Be aware of your household’s flood risk, which can be found using the Brisbane City Council’s online flood awareness maps
- Check that your insurance covers flood and storm damage
- Sign up to receive severe weather alerts
- Devise an emergency evacuation plan with your family in the event of a severe storm
Summer storm season is almost here, so why not spend the weekend preparing your home!