We have had a lot of interest in a recent post about a mysterious floating shelf. So we thought we’d break down the steps taken.
Floating shelf with hidden bracket.
- Start with a blank wall (with TV resting on bracketing installed previously).
2. Custom-made steel bracket constructed and fitted wall.
3. A recycled timber beam was measured and cut with the following dimensions – 300 mm x 65mm x 4.2m long.
4. Timber beam was fitted to wall (with no visible fixings)
5. Six coats of clear timber finish was applied to protect the timber and to bring out the grain.
A simple, but creative way to add something different to your TV/living room.